January 30, 2014

Beehive Stripes

It seems like everyone I know is having a baby right now. For a while they were all having boys and now I feel like they're all having girls. There is a special little girl being born in our ward in a few months and I knew she would need a cozy blanket to wrap up in. This one is a combination of a few ideas I picked up on Pinterest and YouTube. It reminds me of rugby stripes for some reason.

This was the inspiration for this project
I used the Beehive Stitch from New Stitch a Day and it was very easy to pick up. For the color pattern I followed the owl blanket above pretty closely and just measured after I finished the first set of stripes and filled the middle with enough white to make it the right length before starting the last set of stripes. Confused yet?




The texture of this blanket is so cozy! It reminds me of a waffle.



My pattern went like this:
W--8 rows
Pink-- 4 rows
W--3 rows
Purple--8 rows
W--3 rows
Pink 4 rows
A bunch of white to make it the desired size
Repeat in reverse order from last pink row


I used Lion Brand yarn and I bought huge 1lb skeins (they're called a pound of love!) because they were on a great sale. This is actually the second blanket I made with those same 3 balls of yarn! This yarn was a little thinner than the Red Heart Soft which is what I normally use for baby blankets but it worked just fine for this. I used a 6mm hook and it gave it great texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...