January 13, 2014

2 Years



Two years ago today I married the Dr. It was such an easy decision to marry him. I knew from the very first day that we were dating that I would marry him and that feeling never wavered.

We woke up early and went to breakfast with the best man and his wife plus the maid of honor. It was so relaxing and I didn't feel nervous at all. I did my own make up and hair sitting on the floor of my apartment while my roommate arranged hundreds of flowers and my two best friends chatted.

Melanie (the maid of honor) and I drove to LA together. We realized we'd left the bouquet in the fridge at my apartment and panicked but we found a friend who hadn't left for the wedding yet and they picked it up for us. That was the most nervous I got all day.

Everything went so smoothly. I changed from my jeans into my dress in the bathroom of the LA Temple visitor center and when I walked out I saw him standing there in his gray suit and green bow tie. We walked over to the Temple together, hand in hand under the sunny, clear sky. I was so calm and collected as I got ready for the Sealing ordinance. I think the little old ladies who were attending to me were more nervous than I was! It was just so much the right decision that I had no hesitations about it.

We were Sealed for time and all eternity that day.

We were the only couple to be married in the LA Temple that day too. Perhaps it had something to do with the date being Friday the 13th. Thirteen is the Dr.'s lucky number and who doesn't love a Friday!

There were pictures with the family and then pictures with just the two of us.

We stayed in Santa Monica that night at the Sheraton Del Fina. We arrived as we'd come from the Temple- He was in his suit and I in my dress. We drew a little attention in the lobby for that but I loved it. We were married! That only happens once in a lifetime- it's something to celebrate!

The next day was the reception back in Santa Barbara. We danced and danced under the twinkle lights on the patio looking out to the beach. The palm trees swayed and God drew the most beautiful sunset just for us. We danced to the Eagles for the first time as husband and wife- a real waltz.

It was one of the best decisions I have ever made, to marry this guy. I love knowing we're going to be together forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...