August 26, 2014

Tribal Neon

I spotted this blanket on Pinterest (where else) and got very curious. It's so unlike anything I have ever seen or made. I was very intimidated to even look at the pattern, it seemed like it would be too complex to make heads or tails of. Once I got my hands on it and put some concentration into deciphering the pattern it was not as difficult as I had imagined.

It took me a while to find just the right colors and I ended up using my trusty favorite- Stylecraft DK from Deramores. Like the neon in this blanket, I was a little nervous to use such bright colors. I think the risk paid off beautifully though! Just look at this baby!


I should have taken more pictures of the process of this blanket because it's different than anything I've ever done before. You actually make 7 separate pieces and then you stitch them all together. It looks a lot more complicated than it really is, the whole blanket is just double crochets, nothing too crazy at all.



It ended up being a small little guy, I wasn't sure how to scale the pattern without having to make it much, much bigger. It's just a little larger than the lovie blankets I made back here. In the original pattern it has some great fringe on the ends, if I get around to adding that it will make it look a little larger. Who doesn't love a little fringe anyway?

This project came together so quickly, I was sad that I didn't get to work on it longer. I am thinking about choosing another colorway and making a larger version but I have about 4 other projects in the works before that happens. If you have any suggestions for color combos let me know!




Tribal Neon Stats

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK
Colors: White, Aspen, Turquoise, Jaffa, Fiesta, Plumb, Mocha, Bright Green and Spring Green
Hook: 5.5mm
Finished size: 22"x28"
Pattern: Here

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! What is the pattern called? I have been searching the internet everywhere and I can't seem to pin down a name! Please help!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...