August 18, 2014

A Sealing Reception

Let me tell you about one of the greatest couples in the Lynnfield Ward. They add so much cheer and joy to our ward, we all just love them to bits! Jo and Don Conklin eloped together 38 years ago. They found and joined the church about a year ago and have been looking forward to being Sealed together for time and all eternity ever since. Since they didn't have much hoopla surrounding their wedding all those years ago they wanted a reception and party after their Sealing. 


About a month ago the Relief Society President in our ward pulled me aside and told me she had a project for me. I was recently called as the Compassionate Service Leader in the ward and have been loving it! So when I was asked to throw a party as part of my calling I immediately started planning, scheming and list making. I love a good party!

I had such a great time getting things together for this event. I dug out boxes of things we had left from our own wedding reception- lights and buntings. I borrowed vases from ladies in the ward, ordered flowers and filled our kitchen with the most delicious smelling bouquets. A few trips to Target and Michael's and we were well our way to an elegant evening.






We set up in the courtyard behind the Belmont chapel, right behind the Temple. It was a perfect evening with twinkle lights in the trees, music wafting through the courtyard and friends dancing and laughing together.









I called in a little coaching from my best friend on how to make a cake this tall. It was a French vanilla cake with lemon buttercream frosting and I have to say I was pretty excited that it turned out so well. We ended up eating every last bite of it before the party was over.













I hope it turned out to be a memorable evening for the Conklins. They got to cut the cake together, throw the bouquet and toast to their eternity as husband and wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...