August 6, 2014

Camping in Maine

Planned to leave the house 2 PM
Left the house the first time 3:19 PM
Left the house the second time 3:43 PM

Drove almost 5 hours to Blackwoods campground on the coast of Maine, near Bar Harbor. Set up camp, grilled steak, corn and peppers and onions plus s'mores over the campfire.

I've missed camping!! I love it, I love feeling a little bit of dirt on my hands and between my toes.

Watching God move in his majesty as we fell asleep in the tent watching the stars. As a child I watched the stars with my grandpa in the front porch and heard him tell me of the ways God worked in his life.

I'm one lucky girl to have had the life I have.

Thomas woke up a while before I did and took a little walk to Seal Harbor. I loved looking through the pictures he took while he was out.















After breakfast we drove up to Cadillac Mountain. The view was beautiful although it was pretty smoggy up there. Apparently a lot of pollution passes right through this area and makes visibility a little muddy.







The islands off of Bar Harbor














Our campground was right down there on the right side of that bridge


Went to bar harbor and walked around the little shops, sat at the harbor and put our toes in the sand.
Back to the tent for a two hour nap-so lovely! A little shady and a little sun filtering through the tent screen.










Sandy Beach- sand sea grass and pine trees

















I built a fire, all by myself. Roasted hot dogs and made perfect s'mores
Packed up and took off.
7:22 left campground and drove 4+ hours home again, home again, jiggity jig





And THAT is how you make a perfect s'more!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...