August 28, 2014

Give Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jacks

I am not a huge sports fan. I just don't really get it. A part of me dies when football season starts, I do not understand anything about tennis and don't even get me started on sports commentators. 

The only exception to this is going to Red Sox games. If I had to watch a baseball game on TV I would die of boredom but seeing a game at cozy Fenway Park- that's something I love. 




I think my love for Red Sox games  probably has something to do with the amount of delicious food at Fenway. We always grab these delicious Italian sausages before the game. Oh my lands, they are so tasty! We also had ice cold lemonade, chocolate/vanilla swirl ice cream with Oreo crumbles and french fries with nacho cheese. Oh, and we watched the game a little too.











The green monster is both the wall in left field and the Red Sox mascot. Since it was Mormon day at Fenway park we had lots of friends to enjoy the game with. The sun was beating down on us out there in the right field so a bunch of us took a break to hang out under the bleachers with Wally.






Once the game reached the 7th inning stretch and we had sung Sweet Caroline at the top of our lungs we decided to escape the heat and head downtown.


We have not had nearly enough time to see Boston this summer, we've been so busy going other places. We walked through Newbury Street down to the Public Garden and Boston Common. There is nothing like Boston in the summer, it's so green and nice here. Yes, it can get humid but this summer has been just lovely.





Bostonia?


This area adjacent to Boston Common is one of my favorites. There is such a great mix of architecture, everything from one of the oldest churches in Boston to modern high rises and brownstones.


What would a day of food and sun be without a little more food? We had heard great things about UBurger so we popped in the location across from the old Capital building to try it. I would say it's one of the better burgers I've had here. It's still not In-N-Out but then again, nothing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...