January 20, 2016

The First Two Weeks

On December 1, 2015 at exactly 10:30 AM our little boy was born.

Christopher Golden Reed


I couldn't believe how immediately I fell in love with this boy! I guess I had been falling in love with him all along but when I actually held him in my arms it was a whole different story.





He has been such a good baby these past two weeks. He has learned to eat like a champ and sleeps five, six and sometimes seven hours a night. He loves to take naps on mom's chest and snuggle with dad while looking at the lights on the Christmas tree.




The first two weeks have flown by! I have loved being a mom way more than I expected to. I have loved every second with Christopher. I miss him like crazy when he sleeps all night and I can't wait till he wakes up so I can see him again. I love looking at his hairy little ears, back and thighs and kissing his chubby cheeks. He is so perfect!






Bringing him home to the nursery we'd spent so much time putting together was surreal. So many times I had walked by that room and imagined what it might be like to see a baby in the crib. It is so much better to see him there than I could have dreamed. I love spending time with him there.



My best friend, Melanie, came up from Texas for 5 days starting the day after we got home from the hospital and I can't even begin to say how enormous a blessing that was for us. She gave me such confidence in my abilities while she was here. She cooked and cleaned and changed so many diapers. She coached me on breastfeeding and snuggled Topher so we could nap during the day and sleep in.







How do you thank an angel for coming to help like that?

There have been a few days while dad was at work that Christopher and I didn't have anything to do so we just sat on the couch all day. That is heaven I tell you! We have changed so many diapers and been peed on almost daily.



Christopher wasn't a huge fan of sponge baths but sink baths are one of his favorite things.





Christopher is so content and happy, he has the sweetest disposition and I can't believe he is ours to keep forever and ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...