February 18, 2014

Harlequin Stitch Lovies

This blankie is for a very special, squishy cheeked baby boy who lives in Hawaii. When talking to his mom she mentioned that it is so hot there they can't find blankets that are cool enough for the house. I decided to make him a small snuggle blankie that he can tote around without being too hot. I found the pattern on Raverly and thought it would be a nice stitch to practice. It's a little more complicated than other ones I have done and I had to refer to the pattern many times.


This is a much smaller blanket than the ones I have been making. It ended up being about 20" square. I love the modern look of it with the asymmetrical stripe pattern. I think it will suit little baby J perfectly!



I just got a picture of little Jakeroo with his new blankie! Check it out!



I used this stitch to make two other projects as well. The first was a square for a community quilt that is being sent to a sponsored family in the Himalayas and the other was a companion blanket for the Berry & Teal Shells blanket. 

I didn't get a great picture of the quilt square because I forgot about my assignment to do the project until the night before I needed to have it finished. The total size was about 7x10 on this project.



The companion blanket for Shells is for my friend Hollie's daughter. She is about to turn 5 and a new little sister is on the way. My hope is that this big sister will feel as special as the new baby. When mama is wrapping up her baby in the Shells blanket, big sis can wrap up her dollies in a special blanket too.

The colors of this remind me so much of the Little Mermaid!


The Stats

Yarn: Red Heart Soft, I just used leftovers from previous blankets
Colors: 1. Gray, White, Deep Teal   2. White, light pink leftovers 3. Lilac, Mint, White, Berry, Deep Sea
Hook: 5mm
Beginning chain for blankies: 73
Finished size of blankies: 20" x 20"
Pattern: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...