January 20, 2015

Wiggly Rainbow Crochet

I finished this project months and months ago but for some reason I am just now getting to posting about it. This must have been one of the first blankets I ever bought a pattern for. I have bought a few since then, some better than others. I would definitely recommend this seller's patterns on Etsy, they are incredibly easy to follow and fairly priced. I want all the things in her shop!








I used an entire rainbow plus some for this blanket (10 colors total!) which made it really bright and wild. I think it would look great to do this in just white and gray or navy as well. The color possibilities are endless! The rows came together fairly quickly even though I was using a smaller hook than usual. This blanket is so dense and soft and the fringe on the edge gives it a little something special. Plus, when you make fringe like I did, using the ends of each row, you don't have to weave them in at the end! I detest weaving in the ends when I finish a blanket, it's really the worst.

For how many blankets I make, I rarely keep them for myself but this one is definitely going into the stash for my future kids. I am sure it will be barfed on and the fringes will be pulled out or stuck up noses but that's okay. Blankets are meant to be loved.

Wiggly Rainbow Stats

Yarn: Style Craft Special DK- all colors, Red Heart Soft- White
Colors: Too many to remember? I made this a long time ago...
Hook: 4.25
Finished size: 38x36 inches without fringe
Pattern: Here

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    Thank you so much for making and featuring this gorgeous Bertie Blanket on your lovely blog :)
    Happy hooking!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Weaving in ends is the only not fun part of crocheting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...