January 29, 2015

Dainty Pink Stars

This blanket was a different one for me for a few reasons:

1. I only chose two colors- I normally choose at least four and have been know to include up to 11.

2. The colors I chose were very light, I normally lean towards jewel tones, brights and neons.

3. The border. Oh, this border! I don't know why I haven't used a ruffle stitch before, it adds such a great texture to the blanket.





This stitch is so unique to everything else I have worked on. I like finding stitches that are more than just a bunch of double-crochets back to back to back. The stars create a dense, tightly woven blanket with a great texture. I was worried about it being too stiff but once I got the border finished it added enough weight to help it drape nicely.






To create the border I did one round of half-double crochets and for the second round I did 3 or 4 double crochets in each of the stitches from round one. It takes a lot of yarn and a little more time than a normal edging but it so so worth it! Give it a try on your next blanket!

Dainty Pink Stars Stats


Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK from Deramores or Love Knitting
Colors: White, Light Peach
Hook: 5.5mm
Finished Size: 29" Square
Stitch pattern and video: New Stitch a Day on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...