September 10, 2014

Granny Square

I've recently discovered granny squares. They are so easy to make which I feel makes them grow so quickly which makes them extremely satisfying to work on. If you're looking for an easy project to get you started in crochet this would be an excellent choice.






One of my goals this year is to improve my border skills. And no, I don't mean the bookstore- do those even exist any more? I found instructions on the same site that I found the Granny Square pattern and I love the way it looks! Little picos lining the edges. And no, I don't mean pico as in pico de gallo, although I could go for some of that on a big pile of nachos right about now...




I'm not sure who this blanket will be going to yet. I was almost caught up on making blankets for babies on the way when a bunch of new moms announced they were expecting and my list grew longer again. I'm sure it will find a good home soon though!

The Stats

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK
Colors: White, Saffron, Shrimp, Aspen
Hook: 5 mm
Pattern: Here
Finished size: 32" square

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...