September 12, 2014

Labor Day BBQ

I feel like this summer has been the summer of barbeques. We have cooked 15 racks of ribs for various functions and friends. Labor Day was another opportunity to share some good food and get to know some of our friends a little better. It was probably one of the most hot and humid afternoons all summer- I spent most of the night copiously sweating.


We were hosted by the Joner's (more on their amazing BBQs later) and joined by a few families from our church. There were plenty of rowdy kids running around and a table brimming with delicious food. Just get an eye full of these ribs!


I tried to use this opportunity to get out my camera and get some practice in. The Dr. gets so sick of me trying to take pictures of him, I am always excited for new subjects.









Nothing beats a piece of rope and some dirt when you're a kid. Heaven.










For some reason the kids decided to strip all the leaves off of these bushes and use them in a game they made up. I convinced them to try a leaf throwing picture for me and the result has to be one of my favorite series of pictures ever. The sheer joy on their faces is priceless.








And all together now...


Magic I tell you, pure magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...