June 26, 2017

Strawberry Picking 2017

Last year was the first time I'd ever gone strawberry picking here in New England and we loved it! There is nothing like fresh, ripe strawberries in the summer! I don't know how anyone eats the ones from the grocery store after tasting these beauties!

Like last year we went up to Parlee Farms for our berries. They have really great staff and they also seem to have larger fields with more fruit than some of the other farms I have seen and heard of.

I was a little surprised at how quickly Topher picked up the concept of choosing the bright red berries and putting them in the basket. He did eat a lot but I would say more than half of what he picked went into the basket and not in his tummy. I love getting to see the world through his eyes and watch him explore and experience things for the first time. I don't think he remembers our trip to the farm last summer but maybe next year he will recognize it when we go back.







We ended up having biscuits and strawberries for dinner because dad was working late and we just couldn't resist! With what we had left over after a few days of eating them plain I made a little batch of freezer jam so we can enjoy the bounty of summer all year long!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...