July 24, 2015

Larry's Crochet

I feel like it has taken me a long time to get back into crocheting recently. When I was first pregnant all I did was sleep and try to choke down what little food sounded good to me. I did however finish this blanket before we headed to Utah and Idaho for the 4th of July. I made this one for one of my best friends from Santa Barbara who now lives in Utah with his awesome wife and tiny new baby boy. We got to meet their new baby for a few minutes while we were visiting and he was just so sweet! I always love getting to deliver a blanket by hand!

Oh, and this friend of mine, his name isn't Larry as the name of this post might imply. It's not even close. When we first met I couldn't for the life of me remember his name. I went up to him after church one day and said, "Isn't your name Larry or something horrible like that?" Well, it wasn't Larry but I have called him that ever since. In retaliation for my unwelcome nickname for him he began calling me Louise. After a while people really started to think that our names were actually Larry and Louise. 





I modified a pattern that I found on Pinterest for this blanket. It came from a German (I think) crochet blog and all I really had to go off was a picture of a handwritten diagram of the pattern. I tracked down the link if you want to attempt it too. Instead of doing just three double crochets in each cluster I chose to do 4. I think it made the blanket a lot more thick and almost bubbly. Remember when I did that bobble blanket and it took me a MILLION YEARS to complete? I would say this is a great, much faster alternative to that design.





I once again added a thick layer of fringe to both sides of this blanket. I don't know if you've noticed but I am really into fringe these days! It's easy to do and makes such a big impact. I want to fringe ALL THE THINGS!



I really loved how snuggly this blanket turned out, it's thick and soft and probably won't be put to any use until the winter- it is way too hot in Utah for this right now!

Larry's Crochet Stats

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK
Colors: White, Silver, Citron, Sherbet
Hook sizes: 5.5 mm for the colored rows, 4.25 mm for the yellow rows

1 comment:

  1. Your baby is going to have the most cuddly blankets ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...