January 8, 2014

Snow Days: Part 1

So this snow thing that is going on right now, I am not a fan. At all. I have been trying to have a positive attitude about winter but every time I go outside and the wind is whipping and it's freezing cold I just can't help but get a little grumpy. And now they are telling us we are experiencing an "Polar Vortex", what does that even mean!?

I feel like people here are more aware of what the weather is doing- when it will start snowing, when it should stop and when the plows will be done moving it. So we knew that we'd pretty much be stuck inside the whole first weekend it really snowed. That's fine with me because I feel like we are rarely ever home and when we are all we have time to do is fix dinner, prep a Seminary lesson and go to sleep.

On the Saturday morning before the first "Snowpocalypse" hit the Dr. ran to the grocery store, I filled the cars with gas and we went to the craft store for some more yarn for my next crochet project. You know, the essentials. It turned out to be a nice day despite the falling snow. I crocheted, the Dr. watched sports, we did laundry and ate a ton of food. These are the things I don't mind so much about winter. They ended up canceling the church Christmas party Saturday evening and we spend Sunday morning digging our cars out of the snow so that we could get to church. The Sunday meetings were delayed by two hours which gave us some extra time. It was a small meeting but the ward choir still managed to belt out a beautiful Christmas arrangement. Oh and we pass this house on the way to church every week:

I would love winter even more if I could live in this house. 

Our handy dandy little shovels

Melting the show with his sheer hotness!

I think we got 7 or 8 inches this night

Crochet project for my cousin's new little one

I love our Christmas tree- especially all the weird ornaments from all of our travels

Our fireplace AKA our TV and YouTube

I don't think I will ever forget those winters in Santa Barbara where we could go to the beach on Christmas but I will do my best to find good things about winter here in Boston too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...