January 3, 2014

New Year Party 2014

One year for New Year's my older brother Seth and I sat at my apartment all day long watching I love the 80's marathons on VH1. By the time midnight rolled around we had made our through the 90's as well. I loved it but it might not have been the most exciting NYE.

This year I really wanted to throw a super fancy, black-tie soiree for Christmas. I always want to do things like this but I have to admit I am not an expert at it. I needed someone who was a little more experienced in being fancy, in party planning and thinking about the details that I would normally miss. It took me about four seconds to realize my partner in crime should be my friend Bekka Joner. This lady is classy yet laid back. Just my kind of friend. 

I mentioned it to her one week at church and her eyes lit up! The next day we started a Pinterest board for ideas and we were off and rolling. Over Chinese food (it's sort of our thing with the Joners) we planned out our party and set the date for New Years Eve- Christmas was just going to be too insane. We planned a bunch of food, gold sparkly decorations, lots of fun things and a baby sitter for the kids.

You guys, it was so great! We had just the right number of people, tons of super yummy food and such good conversation that we didn't even break out a game of Settlers. It wasn't a huge barn-burner or a party but it was just right. I looked around and realized that we have been so blessed here with amazing friends.

I made some sparkly decorations for the house and we laid out quite the spread of food all around the house. Bekka had blown up a huge crossword puzzle and a bunch of Sudoku puzzles but I didn't snap a picture of them- darn! It turned out to be a great success in my book and it sure beat watching the 90's on re-run.


I love how it turned out! The Dr. hung that thing up like a champ! 

I should have got a picture of this once everyone had filled it in with resolutions but I didn't

So much good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...