January 2, 2014

NI Christmas Party

I love my job. It's the perfect balance of number crunching and event planning mixed with a little office management. The most recent event I got to put together was the NI Christmas Party. I had a few goals for this event:

1. Nobody would leave hungry
2. Nobody would sit around and talk about work all night
3. Somebody would make a fool of themselves and we would all laugh a lot!

I have to say that I think it turned out to be quite a success. There was food galore and the serving table turned out looking beautiful! All those years of collecting serving platters from Anthropologie and Sut La Table paid off!


I had to show off a few of my nutcrackers



The Dr. made his famous Charlotte Russe


I had to do so much research to figure out how to make a great cheese platter and it paid off! So yummy!



The menu included:

Pulled pork sliders
Chicken salad on croissants
Cheese tray- Manchego, Brie, Smoked Gouda, Dill Havarti, Peppered Salami, Olives, fruit and nuts
Veggies and hummus 
Shrimp cocktail
Charlotte Russe
Key Lime cupcakes
Macaroons
Chocolates
Pistacios
Sparkling cider

People couldn't leave the table alone and although they did manage to put away a lot of food there was still quite a bit left over. Everyone was really impressed, I felt so validated. One of the things they were unsure of when they hired me was my event planning skills (or lack thereof) but I think I have done an alright job in that area so far.

To keep people from sitting around and talking about work I decided to print up a giant crossword puzzle to work on while mingling. It got off to a shaky start but eventually the Dr. and my coworker Dave ended up filling in the whole thing by the end of the night.



We also played a game that my boss and his family love. It's a mix of charades and telephone. This may have been the highlight of the evening- watching my boss do a full on impression of Richard Simmons followed by the biggest, burliest guy in the office doing the same. I know somebody has pictures of that and I intend to find them soon!


I wore my new fancy dress and the Dr. wore the wooden bow tie I got him for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...