January 16, 2014

My Favorite Beauty Products of 2013

Not many people know this about me but I love love love to watch beauty bloggers on YouTube. I have found so many helpful and informative tutorials that have helped me feel more confident in my make up abilities. I have learned loads about skin care and what products really live up to the hype and what products are just actual overpriced hype. It's sort of a thing for these beauty bloggers/YouTubers to compile a list of their favorite beauty products from the month or the year. I have to say that my collection of make up and skin care items has increased this year so I thought I would add my list of favorite products this year.

Make up

Foundation: Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua. Light coverage, easy to blend and makes your skin look flawless.

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte. Such a bargain at about $3, you can hardly tell it's there and it keeps things set all day long.

Concealer: Maybelline Color Eraser Under Eye Brightener. It's easy to use, great coverage and cheap as chips.

Mascara: Benefit They're Real. It sort of does everything- volume, length and stays put all day without being hard to remove at night.

Eye shadow: Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. You can swipe it on by itself or use it as a primer/base for other shadows. This has seriously been a staple for me, I am on my second pot of it and have purchased it for both of my sisters. I also love my INGLOT freedom pallet for powder shadows and just got a few more to complete my pallet.

Eye liner: L'Oreal Liner Intense Carbon Black (with the felt tip). Easy as pie to apply and it stays put. I also like the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, especially the Mushroom color.

Tools: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Blends in foundation like a dream and can also be used for cream blushes or anything else you can imagine.

Skin Care

Face Wash: Michael Todd True Organics Skin Defender AHA Cream Cleanser. I love this stuff but it's pricey unless you buy a kit and I didn't have good enough results with the other products in the kit to warrant another repurchase.

Toner: Clarins Toning Lotion with Chamomile. The smell was weird at first but I don't notice it now. It makes my face feel calmed and soothed when I get out of the shower and it's feeling tight and dry.

Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +. Great value for money, doesn't feel greasy or break me out like the Michael Todd lotion did.

Serum/Treatment: Hydralouron by Indeed Labs. I had to order this from Canada but it's been worth it. The hyluronic acid helps draw moisture to your face and prevent your skin from getting too dehydrated. This has made such a difference in my skin this winter. I haven't had any dry patches at all since getting it which is insane for me in the cold winter months. (I can't find the website where I purchased it... oh no!)

Favorite Lip Item: Nuxe Reve De Meil lip balm. This stuff is magic! I don't know if I can pay full price for it but I got mine on a deal at Hautelook.com. A close runner up is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter, I picked one up in Aruba when we were on vacation and I use it all the dang time!

YouTube Channels

Essie Button
Makeup by TiffanyD
Pixiwoo
Lisa Eldridge
Pretty Shiny Sparkly
Ghostparties
MakeupTIA (red head!!)
Vivianna Does Makeup
Karima McKimmie
Jessica Beautician
Beauty Broadcast
Tanya Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...