April 2, 2015

Babies & Blankies

I took a few art classes in high school and tried to learn watercolor and oil painting. I could never get my hands to create what was in my brain. I ended up with some pretty awful looking paintings. Crochet however, is definitely my medium. I love finding a pattern, designing my own colorway, sourcing the right materials and creating something from my imagination. It's so satisfying to see your plans take shape and more often than not what comes off my hook is better than I planned.

One of the things I love most about crocheting is giving my blankets away. I feel like they are something I put my heart into so I love when I get to see someone else enjoy my hard work. I love, love, love it when mamas send me pictures of their little ones snuggled up in something I have made. I always plan blankets with a specific baby in mind but sometimes I start a blanket for one person and by the end it's for someone else completely. The whole time I am working away I keep my mind on that new little one and their parents. 

Once I finish a blanket I wrap and box it up with a little post card note and send it off. I have been collecting pictures of some of the recipients of my blankets for a while now and I just love to go through them and see their cute little faces! This will definitely make your Wednesday more happy, just look at all of these squishy little people!


Bennett in Chevrons. Look at that extra chin!
Amelia with Berry & Aqua shells. I love this blanket so much I have made it twice!

Allie in Mermaid Harlequin Stitch- "Big Sister" to the Berry & Aqua Shells blanket
My niece Gwen in Jewel-toned Larksfoot. Her older sister Sadie has since adopted this blanket and loved it ragged.

Mom wrote: This girl is teething like crazy and has been quite fussy, unless she has this blanket. It's the only thing that has soothed her at all today. Girly Dots and Dashes Here.


Gwen with her maroon and white larksfoot lovie

Edison and Ezra with their neon shells and chevrons


Scarlet with her Granny Stripes and a bear hood I made for her this winter.


Jakeroo loves sticking his fingers through his Harlequin lovie

Baby Crowns. I can't even. I die. Cuteness overload. Heart explodes.




And this little chunk, my cousin Eli's newest baby Ethan loved the neon Brick Stitch blanket!

1 comment:

  1. I need a pattern for the crown! SOO very cute. Reminds me of where the wild things are

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...