November 23, 2014

Brick Stitch Blankets

Since learning how to crochet about a year ago I have made over 25 blankets. I keep a little list on my phone of all my completed projects and another list for the ones I plan to start soon. I feel like every time my to-do list gets almost completely crossed off another wave of cousins and friends announce babies on the way. I fill up my little cubby below the tv will blankets and then I spend a day wrapping and packing them up and away they go to cute little babes all over the country. Seeing those empty cubbys is always motivation to get me going again.


One of my more recently finished projects is a blanket for my cousin Eli and his wife Kara who had a little baby boy this summer. Sometimes I get blankets to the babies before they're born and sometimes they're 6 months late. And that is why I will never turn this hobby into a business, ha!




I wanted to make something with the neon colors I got for the Tribal Neon blanket I made a few months ago. I have to say that after I finalized my color selection for this one I was still unsure of how it would look. The more rows I worked the more I liked it and by the end I had fallen in love! I think I need to use neon colors more often.





I see this stitch used all the time for baby blankets on Etsy and after making it I can see why it's popular. It comes together so quickly without being boring to work on and it makes such a nice waffley, draped blanket.

I finished another blanket in this same stitch earlier this year and have just now gotten around to actually blogging about it. I had a bunch of half used balls of yarn so I just threw them all together in as random a pattern as I could and this was the result.





This one is much bigger than a baby blanket, it's perfect for snuggling on the couch and watching TV. I find Thomas wrapped up in it regularly.

Stats & Links

Stitch tutorial: Here on YouTube
Neon blanket yarn: Stylecraft Special DK found here. I used 5 colors, one whole ball of each
TV blanket yarn: Red Heart Soft

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...