June 10, 2014

Day 6: Paignton to Trowbridge

Woke up and had breakfast with the Taylors. Went to meet Becky at the high street in Torquay. She had her youngest of her three girls with her- 5-week-old Poppy. You can see that her life hasn't been easy but she's such a good mum and really loves her children. I loved seeing her!

Grabbed some pasty's for lunch and walked the high street. Went down to Paignton and spent some time on the high street there too. So many memories here, so many prayers offered up to heaven on that street. It's a holy place for me. Sat by the sea side and talked about the people I knew in this place. Met Jason and Leah at the church building for a little tour and then headed off down the road.

Leah & Jason Taylor- Our Hero Members!








This bird pooped on me 5 years ago when I was a missionary. Well, maybe not this bird but one just like it










Thomas loves his picture being taken...











Stopped at the cemetery where Chris Gunn is buried and found his grave. {Chris is a recent convert that I taught, he died of Leukemia about 6 months after I returned from my mission. He was one of my all time favorite people in the world and I felt honored to be tasked with teaching him the Gospel.} It was a much more emotional experience than I thought it would be. It's such a beautiful meadow hillside where he is and I'm glad he's resting in such a gorgeous place.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...