June 10, 2014

Day 5: London to the West Country, Paignton and Torquay

Packed up, had breakfast in Neal's Yard- scones with clotted cream and jam plus peppermint tea. The most colorful little courtyard ever! Had a nice wander around Covent Garden's charming little roads. Off on the train to Gatwick airport to get a car and drive out west. 

Feeling a little nervous to see people and the places that I hold so dear. So much if who I am was formed on the streets of Paignton and Torquay. Let's not even talk about Trowbridge yet, that's going to be a heart wrenching walk through the town!






Radisson Blu Edwardian, our little London home for two days

To the West Country!

London was beautiful but the West Country is unbelievable!









I thought I'd be lucky if even one person was excited to see me when I got here. I couldn't have imagined how excited they'd be. Jason meet us on the high street and brought us to his house. Leah gave me a great big, tearful hug too.

We went over to Mindy's house and trapped on the door. It took her a solid 3 seconds to realize who I was and then she let out a screech and came just about jumping out her front door to squeeze me in a hug. She didn't let go for about 5 minutes after that, oh boy was it nice to see her. We rang up Kelly and went to her house. Tiffany was my first baptism and now she's 14 and all grown up. She came around the side of her house brushing her teeth and I was so glad to hear she's been coming to church regularly. Kelly was excited to see me as well and the boys-Jamie and Nathan- were too. Took Nathan a bit to warm up to me but both of the boys took an instant liking to Thomas. They all started planning a trip to America to see us next year. We hugged goodbyes and hugged again. Then we had a Footloose dance party in the headlights of Mindy's car, it was such a carefree moment. It's things like this that I want to always remember.

It feels strange to be back here. It's so familiar to drive on these roads, to know exactly where I am after 5 years. It's strange to think that this few hours with Kelly and Mindy and Tiffany are all I get this time. I don't get to go back tomorrow or next week, I don't get to do daily contacts and talk with them about the church all the time. It feels so much like home here that it's strange to have to leave tomorrow. Lots if feelings going on over here.


My High Street in Torquay, I spent so many of my days here




My English Mum




Footloose dance party at 11 PM. Yes, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...