June 9, 2014

Day 3: Paris to London

Woke up to the beautiful view from our swanky hotel in Paris. Took a nice bubble bath and used all the bath products. Breakfast on the steps of the National Academy of Music. Walked around to do a little shopping. Baby clothes for Marisa's baby. Packed up and headed for the train. Grabbed kebab and got aboard. They stamped my passport twice! Oui! Can't wait for London but can't wait even more for seeing Ruth and the people from my mission. Riding the Chunnel

Platform 9 3/4! Hartwell in Covent Garden at the 7 spindles. Walked around and explored, saw the Apple Market and the courtyard where I sat with the missionaries eating pasty's on our London trip. So surreal to be there! Picked up some books at a little shop and I went on to Boots on my own, it was the first time I've ever been alone in England. It was weird! I've always been a missionary here! Walked forever to see Piccadilly circus and Oxford circus. Had dinner (after more walking) at Patty and Bun.

Leaving Paris





From city graffiti to countryside






London



Covent Garden

You could see the London Eye from our hotel. I love it!



Just over 5 years ago I came to London with all the missionaries who would be going home soon. The Mission President took us on a whirlwind tour of the sights.



I don't know why but one of my most distinct memories of the London trip day was sitting right here in the courtyard near the Apple Market. We were all eating Cornish pastys and watching a street performer.


It seems like such an insignificant place but I teared up a little bit when we walked into the courtyard. It caught me a little off guard because I had no idea where this courtyard was, let alone that our hotel was right down the road from it.









Piccadilly Circus, Walking, Patty & Bun









The Dr. thought he was so funny



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...