October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays along with 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter... Ok, I might really like holidays. They give us something to look forward to and there's usually copious amounts of food involved. There are the decorations to put up and costumes, ugly sweaters or new dresses to wear. Yes, please!

Although I love Halloween, we didn't really get on the band wagon for much of the holiday celebrations. We forgot to buy pumpkins to carve, we couldn't get our fall wreath to stick to the door of our apartment and I thought about costumes just enough to realize they wouldn't be happening this year. Plus, the Dr. will be out of town at a conference on the 31st and that always takes away a little bit of the magic. Sigh.

Luckily our ward was hosting a trunk-or-treat dinner and carnival. We decided that we at least wanted to do something cool for that. I remember seeing something on Pinterest that inspired me to turn my car (Winston) into a monster. The Dr. and I cut and painted cardboard for the better part of two nights (our evenings are very short now that we go to bed at 9). We put Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo on and got crafty.

I have to say that it turned out to be pretty awesome:


Hi, I'm Winston. I eat you now.

We aren't technically Greenbay Packers fans in our house but that cheese head is about as close to a costume as we got this year. Next year we will rock Halloween. I hope.

Since the Dr. is away today I am going out to the church cannery to help out and pick up some food storage items for ourselves and a few people in the ward. When I get back into town tonight I will probably end up trick-or-treating with a little family in our ward. They have the two most adorable little boys and we've become quick friends with their family. They are just so easy to hang out with. Even though their boys are energetic I always feel like I can relax with them. That's a great quality in friends.

Oh and can I mention that I love face time/Google Hangouts?? I get to see this cute mug in the morning even though he's all the way in Colorado.




Oh I love this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...