May 11, 2015

#SethAndMiranda

These two kids got married at the end of March and I don't know if you can tell from this picture or not but they were pretty excited about it. I don't think I have ever seen a couple smile as much as this pair.



We flew in on Wednesday night and had In-N-Out Burger with my cousins Camille, Irene and Faith because there is In-N-Out burger in Utah now and my body craves that stuff.

The next morning I met up with my sisters and a bunch of Miranda's friends to get our nails done and have some lunch. It was so much fun to just hang out and relax.


We discovered that neither of my sisters had anything to wear to the wedding (how is that possible??) so we hit up City Creek shopping center to see what we could find.


Thomas and my brother in law Keveren helped Seth move and pack for the wedding. Everything he owned was in a big heap on his bed when I dropped them off. I was pulling clothes out of a questionably clean laundry pile and stuffing them in a suitcase for Seth to take on his honeymoon. We have our crap together in this family I tell ya!

While we were shopping and getting our nails done the boys did some go kart racing and arcade games too.


Seth stayed with us at the hotel that night which was sort of fun. We had breakfast with him in the morning and he seemed pretty calm and just ready to get married already. We went to visit a friend in Bountiful before quickly getting ready and heading for the Temple.

Watching Seth and Miranda smile so hard in the sealing room was unbelievable. There's just something special about seeing a sibling get sealed. I missed seeing my little sister Annalie get married last year as we were in Europe at the time.


They couldn't have picked a better day to get married, the weather was perfect and there weren't too many other weddings going on so we had plenty of time to do pictures and lurk around the Temple grounds.









I honestly don't remember my brother ever looking THIS happy!







I am really hoping that the photographer got some good pictures of us siblings together because I don't think I got a single one with us looking normal. Any by normal I mean not like we usually look.











There was a wedding dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building with a little roast of the bride and groom. It was so fun to hear stories about Seth and Miranda at different points in their lives.


They had a more casual reception in another room at the JSMB and it was packed! These two know everyone!  There was a live band playing indie/hipster versions of all sorts of songs, they were really amazing and it made for some great dancing! One of my highlights was definitely dancing western swing with my little brother Drew. He knew all the dips, tricks and lifts. We used to go swing dancing together all the time and I really miss that!

Some of the best women I know- My grandma, aunties and cousins


Should we have a caption contest for this photo? I think so! Put your suggestions in the comments!




These two dancing their first dance together was super cheesy and I loved it. It's very satisfying to see your brother so darn happy.




I don't know what's going on here but I'd say it's pretty typical for these two.


Also, check out this awesome photo bomb by one of the band members.


And then before we knew it they were off to their honeymoon in Mexico!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...