May 13, 2015

Rasta Crochet

When I heard that my cousin Keith and his wife Les were expecting I was really excited, probably more than when any of my other cousins have had a kid- sorry guys! Les served a mission for the LDS church in Jamaica and loves rasta color things so I decided to really step out of my baby blanket box and make something a little different for them. I think it paid off! 






I used the picot stitch edging on this blanket, I seem to use it a lot on granny squares. It just seems like the perfect way to add a little bit of texture to the repetitive pattern of the square.


I was able to hand deliver this blanket to my cousin and his wife while we were in Utah for my brother's wedding. I normally mail my blankets to people so it was sweet to be able to give one in person. Les gave birth to a beautiful baby boy a couple weeks later and he's been snuggled up in this blankie ever since. My heart seriously explodes when people send me pictures of babies in something I made. It kills me ever time!




Love you baby Miles, can't wait to hold you soon!

**Update** I have received so many hilarious pictures of baby M in his blanket, these are some of my favorites:






Rasta Square Stats

Yarn- Stylecraft Special DK from Deramores.com
Colors- Gray (2 balls), Lipstick, Citron, Green (one ball each)
Hook- 6mm
Finished size- about 36" square

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...