December 19, 2014

Ward Christmas Party

Somehow I got roped into throwing our ward's Christmas party this year. I love throwing a good party but I'm not going to lie, this one stressed me out a little. It took me a few weeks to actually sit down and start making lists and plans, it just seemed like such a giant monster to tackle.

Once I had a few (hundred) lists made I began taking bites out of the monster one at a time and things started happening. I spent a whole week cutting one hundred paper trees, another couple weeks arranging the musical program a whole Saturday measuring the gym, digging through the decorations under the stage and pricing food at Costco. It was a lot of work but what can I say, I like throwing a good party.






Friday night Thomas assembled a great crew to help set up. I was so impressed at how quickly it came together! The gals who hung all the paper trees and snowflakes made it look absolutely perfect! I hardly had anything left to do on Saturday. 


We had a carol service with a combination of congregational hymns and performances by some of our amazingly talented members. The event was Christmas Morning themed so we had breakfast for dinner and a hot chocolate bar. We asked the ward members to find some way of serving the community in preparation for the event and submit pictures for a little slideshow. It was so great to see the things people did to serve as the Savior did.








^^ The calm before the storm^^






There is something so satisfying about watching something you've planned come together. For a few moments I stood in the middle of the chaos with empty casserole dishes in my hands and felt so glad that things were going just as they should. Everyone loved the food (thanks to all those who brought things), they were laughing and smiling, the kids had a blast playing with the curtains on the stage. It was truly a success.


This sweet lady worked the hot chocolate bar all night. Bless her heart it was no easy feat, there was a constant stream of people piling on the toppings there.



^^ This is how I usually find Thomas at parties, he really is the life of it ^^


^^ And this is just the cutest baby I have ever seen ^^


Santa made an appearance at the very end of the party with a whole crew of his elves. They even performed a little dance before they left. It was priceless!





I have to give a huge shout out to all those who helped put this together. Thanks to those who made yummy breakfast casseroles, the set-up crew, those that sang and played instruments for the carol service and especially Thomas for putting up with piles of Christmas decor sitting around our house for the last two months and for following me around endless stores while I pick out juuuuust the right style of wrapping paper, chocolate chips etc.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you did great! All my parties have been for groups of 30 or less- this must have been a huge job! But, it looks really great~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...