December 18, 2014

Oh, Christmas Tree

Pretty much the instant we returned from New York after Thanksgiving Thomas and his dad went out to get a Christmas tree. While they were out I dug through the closet and pulled out our boxes of Christmas decorations. We have a lot of Christmas decor. Like, a lot a lot.




Most of our tree ornaments are from places we've visited. I love pulling them out and remembering our adventures. We seem to add a few new ones every year and in 2014 we added Paris, Maine and Hawaii.

From our trip to Paris this year

From Sea World on our first anniversary
Acadia National Park in Maine
Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco

Empire State Building from our first trip to NYC together in 2013

One of a set of nutcracker ornaments Thomas gave me our first Christmas together just before we got married

My Baby's First Christmas Ornament from 1986

I love the way the tree turned out this year. We left the silver tinsel off in favor of some burlap this year and maybe next year we'll put colored lights on. Living on the edge.

I have a huge collection of nutcrackers that I started when I was about 5 or 6. I get one every year for christmas so when I pull them out in December they cover every inch of the house. Each one is different, I even have a Spongebob Squarepants nutcracker.




I love the Christmas season, I love the decorations, the food and most of all the reason- our Savior Jesus Christ. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...