December 15, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade is something of a tradition in my family. As a kid we'd celebrate Thanksgiving at my grandma's or an aunt's house. All the cousins would pile into the living room and we'd ooh and aah at the giant balloons.

This year we got to see it live and in person which sort of blew my mind. It was even cooler than I thought it would be. It was freezing cold but we walked from the start of the parade all the way down Central Park West which kept us from becoming total popsicles.

We saw Santa's Sleigh...



Spongebob Squarepants (he was still tied down in the staging area)...

But we saw him later in the parade, floating free!


Spiderman and Pikachu...



Snoopy...


Ronald McDonald...


Something from How to Train Your Dragon...


The nieces and nephew were loving it despite the cold.


And so was Thomas



These three haven't all been together in many moons and it was so fun to watch them interact and really be siblings again.


Santa! I know him!


These girls sure love their grandma! Riding the subway with 5 kids is quite a feat, I don't know how my sister-in-law does it on her own!





The brothers hauling the kids up the steps in the stroller.


And entertaining the kids while dinner cooked.





In total there were 14 adults and 8 children under the age of 7 at the house. The Sister Missionaries were there, a friend and classmate of Trevor's from Columbia Law School and a couple families from their ward plus my in-laws. It was very loud.





The turkeys were probably the most beautifully cooked birds I have ever seen! So golden and perfect!






After dinner we set up a little photo booth on the couch. Oh my goodness this is a goofy bunch!

Cameron can not sit still. Ever.











These kids seriously crack me up!






Sadie and Cameron with their favorite toys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...