November 28, 2015

Lil Brudder Comes to Visit

A few weeks ago (make that two months now) my little brother called us up and said he wanted to come for a visit. In two days. We were surprised but really excited to see him. It's been years since we've lived close enough to just hang out every day so this was a real treat.

He came bearing gifts- an electric lock for our door. Thomas' eyes sparkled as the two of them installed it. I have to say, it's probably one of the best things we've done for our house. It's so easy to lock and unlock the door and I think of my little brother every time I leave the house.


We took off for New York a day or two after Drew got here and had a great time. It was hard to walk around all day being 30+ weeks pregnant but we managed to show him some of the best parts of NYC. One evening while we were there we sat at a little table in Times Square and marveled at all the craziness. I think it sort of blew Drew's mind a bit. You always see New York on TV and you know it's big and loud but it is a totally different experience to actually be there in the middle of it all.






Brother ended up staying for about a week and a half so we had plenty of time to show him Boston as well. We took him all over downtown and to our favorite places to eat. We did lots of sitting around the house and introduced him to Brooklyn Nine-Nine and whole lobsters.





I was sad to see him go when he headed back out west to a new job in Arizona. It's been a long time since we had any length of time to just be around each other. This kid is so smart and works so hard. He is hilarious and always makes me laugh. He's really the greatest little brother I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...