November 25, 2015

Nursery Tour

One thing that everyone asks you when you are nearing the end of your pregnancy is, "are you ready?" I never know what to say because you just have no idea what to expect. You can think about it a lot and do all the research you can but until you experience it yourself I don't think you really have any idea how it is going to change your life.

Logistically I would say we're ready. We've spent hours upon hours picking out gear, painting, building things and organizing. We scoured Craigslist for a glider and a dresser. The dresser didn't work out and I still sort of want to light it on fire in the back yard. We ended up with one from Ikea in the end which makes me a little less stressed about things. We have a car seat, some clothes, somewhere for the baby to sleep. In that way I'd say we're ready. Ready for the single most life-changing event of our entire lives? Perhaps not fully.

Either way, my sisters have been begging for pictures of the nursery so here they are.



We decided on the front room upstairs in our house. It has a great little dormer that just begs for a pile of pillows and a stack of books. 




Thomas put the crib together months ago one Saturday morning, he just woke up and decided it was time. It took him 5 trips to 3 different hardware stores to get it all done. We bought from some friends of ours who were moving and they couldn't find the hardware it had come with so we had to find our own. I think Thomas loved working on it though. We had to add the Darth Vader pillow in the crib- I couldn't leave it in the store when I saw it- along with the clam shell crochet blanket I made.




We painted the oars over there to add to the nautical theme of the room. Thomas did the one on the left and I did the one on the right. I loved working on things like that for the baby. The glider we scored on Craigslist might be my favorite thing. We looked high and low for something that would look nice and was high quality. It also had to fit up our stairs which is something we've learned we always have to check when buying things for our house. I was giddy when we found this puppy!



We added a picture from our wedding that used to hang in our living room. I think it's very fitting that it says "You're my favorite" because this kid is our favorite. It's okay to have a favorite kid right? He's our only one so far so I think we're good. Just in case he gets too full of himself though we added this sign to the nursery too:


I am pretty sure my Auntie Kathy has said this to me a hundred times over the years.

And that's about it. Every time I look in there I still can't believe that there will be another human living in our house before we know it. I don't know if we're ready for him yet but we are sure excited to meet him! (I am writing this on my due date so I hope to see him sooner than later...)


Come on baby boy! We're waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...