June 19, 2015

Vintage Shells

I have a friend who is vintage to her core. She's quirky and has her own unique style down pat. We used to make fun of her grandma sweaters but somehow she pulled them off with ease. She and I became instant friends one lonely Christmas in Santa Barbara when she picked me up from the airport and we discovered a mutual love for the movie The Master of Disguise. We were inseparable from there on out. 

She's since moved to a few different states, we've both gotten married and she has the cutest little chub of a baby you'll ever see. I started this blanket with someone else in mind but it became so clear to me as I worked it was definitely for this vintage friend of mine. 







There is just something about these colors that says 1970's to me. I hope it also reads a little modern though. I think my favorite part of making this blanket was putting all the fringe on. I did a little tutorial on it over HERE. This might be the fringe-iest blanket I've ever made and the result is just so satisfying!









Vintage Shells Stats


Hook Size: 6mm
Yarn/colors: Red Heart Soft- White, Orange. Stylecraft Special DK- Lipstick, Sherbet, Meadow, Walnut, Saffron
Pattern/Tutorial HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...