June 12, 2015

Summer Sailing

Last summer I discovered my love for sailing. A friend of ours has a boat and he invited us to help him out a few times last summer when he'd race his friends out at the harbor. Last night we finally got to go back out on the boat and it finally felt like summer! I was so warm at the dock but once we got out on the boat it cooled down a bit. We'd feel these warm gusts of air every once in a while and it was just the most glorious day for sailing.







There was a nice strong wind that took us out around Egg Rock. I love watching this tiny island grow bigger and bigger and then back to tiny again on the journey. The second race was to the other end of the Swampscott harbor and back, we had the mainsail up for that part of the race which means more moving parts and excitement. There were some great hairpin turns in there! The crew was Steve the boat owner, Thomas, me and another friend Aaron so there was plenty to keep us busy pulling ropes and jumping around. I loved every minute of it!


 
 Our post-sailing tradition is to go to one of our favorite places for dinner. Maybe we love it so much because we've always worked up an appetite beforehand but it is so good! It's called Paradiso Ristorante right by the train station in Swampscott. We haven't eaten there since last summer and it was so exciting to go back. By the end of the evening I was feeling so blithe, a huge smile stretched across my face. It was the perfect way to really get summer started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...