March 30, 2016

A Day With Topher II

5:30 a - First breakfast and snuggles in bed


7:30 a - Second breakfast, diaper change with Dad while mom eats breakfast in bed.



Yes, we eat spam in this house. And yes, Thomas brings me breakfast or at least leaves a snack on my nightstand every morning while I feed the baby. He's pretty much the best.

9:00 a - Third breakfast

10-11:15 a - Nap time for Topher while mom tries to get some work done.

11:15 a - Noon - Whack toys around in the Jungle Gym. We've discovered that binki clips work really well for holding toys within his reach. He won't actually take a binki so at least we get to use the clips for something.


Noon- Lunch for mom and the baby. I had butternut squash gnocchi from Trader Joe's (soooo good!) and of course the baby had more milk.

1:00 p - Fold laundry and get the nursery cleaned up. I went through the baby's drawers and took out all the things that are too small and put in his 6-9 month clothes. He's not even 4 months old yet! Stop growing! Also, let it be know that I changed 4 diapers during this hour.




2:00 p - Off to Lexington to get mom some new eye glasses. He fell asleep in the car on the way there but woke up again as soon as I got him out in the sunshine.



3:00 p- Back home, Topher fell asleep in the car so I let him keep napping in the car seat while I got the dishes done and a little more work.


3:50 p - Baby wakes up and eats second lunch.

4:30 p - Hanging out with mom, sitting in the bumbo and chewing on some toys.







5:15 p - Dad is home! We love it when daddy comes home. Topher's eyes just light up when dad walks through the door. These two have such a special connection. Thomas has a way of getting the most delicious belly laughs out of Christopher. It's my favorite thing to watch.




7:00 p - We finally get dinner made for us, the baby eats and we try to put him down for a short nap. He refuses and we decide to go out and run some errands instead. We ended up finding him a winter coat on super clearance at REI for next winter. 

8:20 p - Home again, baby gets a little snack and hangs out with Dad before bed. 


9:30 p- Bath time! I think Topher would spend hours in the bath if he could. He loves to splash and kick around. He's always happy in the water.



10:00 p - Last feeding of the night and then off to bed. I love this time of the day with the baby, he's so smiley and sleepy. We usually try to read him some books and the scriptures while I feed him and then we swaddle him up nice and tight and he's off to sleep. He has continued to be a great sleeper at night and we usually get an average of 7 hours in one stretch. I am so glad that he likes sleeping at night!


That is a pretty typical day around our house. Some days are definitely more productive than others but I just love being able to stay at home with him every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...