April 28, 2014

A Love Letter to Coconut Almond Chip

My darling Coconut Almond Chip, 

I have been infatuated with you since our first meeting on April 15, 2013. It was Patriot's Day here in Massachusetts. I arrived at Kimball Farm unaware of the love affair that would begin. I asked the girl behind the screen if I should try cherry chocolate chip or you. With a little encouragement in your direction I ordered and it was love at first bite. 

The day we first fell in love
I wondered as I left California how I would ever love a food as much as my cherished In-N-Out Burger. Coconut Almond Chip, you came to the rescue, bound up my broken heart and gave me reason to love again. 

As the summer went on I made every effort to always have you around. I ordered the tallest scoops I could and carried the leftovers home to hide in the freezer so I could savor the smooth coconut ice cream and crunchy almonds for days. When friends came to town I jumped at the chance to introduce them to you and your exquisite cousins. Nary a week went by that I wasn't found waiting in line to see your face.


As fall approached I knew our love would have to end and although I knew it would be a temporary parting it stung. I planned to stock up before Kimball Farm closed, to take home the biggest bucket of your creamy goodness I could. Oh how my heart broke when I realized that you were already gone, beloved by others who had taken every last scoop of you.

And so I waited. I talked about you, I dreamed about you, I counted the days until you would one day return and we could be reunited.

Then one spring day, as we drove near the road that leads to you I checked the opening schedule and realized that you were back! Your long absence was finally over! Excitement pulsed through my veins and butterflies filled my tummy as we drove the winding road to Carlisle. As we came around the last turn and my eyes caught the first glimpse of the Kimball Farm sign I squealed with delight! 



To once again be reunited with you was like living a fairy tale. All of my longing and dreaming was answered with piles of sweet and savory wholesomeness. I took you home with me and we've been rekindling our summer love.  



I am doing my best to not keep you all for myself, I've convinced a few other people to find their true ice cream love at Kimball Farm and they have. Caramel cashew, Heath bar crunch, cookies and cream...




You've only been back for a little over two weeks but I've already made the drive to Kimball Farm three times. I think about you all day and I can't wait to get home, open the freezer and see you sitting there waiting for me. I know our love will last forever, there is no other ice cream for me.

With all the love in my heart,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Oh…. Reunited and it feels so good :) Congrats to the both of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...