October 24, 2016

Owen's Blanket

Confession time: I have finished only two (maybe three?) blankets since I got pregnant with Christopher about 18 months ago. I just lost all motivation to do anything, let alone crochet while I was pregnant and then once I had him I had to learn to do everything with one hand which makes crochet very tricky. 

The two blankets I finished are a clam shell pattern blanket I made for Christopher (barely got it done before he was born and he almost never uses it) and this wiggly stripe blanket for my new nephew, Owen. I once made 25 blankets in a year and sent them to everyone I knew having a baby. Sorry to everyone who had a baby in the last 18 months and thought you might get crochet from me! 

I really wanted to get something to my brother and his wife before their little boy was born. This is my first flesh and blood real-deal nephew and I am completely obsessed with him! I pulled out my yarn a couple months before he was due and really forced myself to buckle down and work on this thing. I have been teaching my coworker how to crochet on Mondays for the last six or seven months so she became my weekly motivator/task master.


Christopher also tried to "help" me whenever he could. And by help I mean he tried to eat my crochet hook while I was using it, pulled the yarn out it's skeins, ripped out stitches and taste-tested the finished product. 



Looks good, mom! The fringe is extra nice!
I've made this pattern before way back here and I loved it so much that I kept the blanket in my own stash for future children. It makes the most snuggly, warm blankie especially with all that fringe dripping from the edges. I will definitely make this pattern again, I really enjoy the process of making it as well as the finished product!





The color Petrol from Stylecraft has been in my yarn stash for a long time now and I have been dying to use it. I was going to make it into a girl blanket with a coral and pale blue but that never happened (see excuses above!). I love they way it looks with the pale gray and the almost lime/neon green. It makes me so happy to think about my little nephew all snuggled up in this blanket. My only wish is that I could have delivered it in person!

Owen's Blanket Stats

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK (Petrol, Silver, Grass Green) one ball of each, Red Heart Soft (White) two balls.
Hook: 4.25mm
Finished size: I forgot to measure :/
Pattern: HERE

"Ma, I promise I wasn't just chewing on the fringe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...