February 17, 2015

Odds and Ends

In the last few months the number of people on my list to make a blanket for has grown quite a bit. It's thrown me into high gear and I've been able to finish a few blankets for some soon-to-arrive babies. I will be showcasing the designs that use stitches new to me but this post is full of patterns I have used and featured before. I want to keep a record of what I've made with lists of yarn used and hook sizes for my own reference. I am always surprised when I go back and look at something I made a year ago and I have no idea how it was made. 



So, here are a few projects I have completed recently.

Harlequin Stitch Primary Colors


This one is for my cousin and his wife that are expecting a baby in a few months. I have a lot of cousins having babies right now and it's really fun to put something together for them. I have a very big, very up-in-your-business extended family so I always feel very attached to the blankets I am making for them.










Stats

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK
Colors: White, Saffron, Shrimp, Aster & Aspen
Hook Size: 5.5mm
Finished Size: ~32" Square
Pattern found here



Grandpa Square


The next project is what I am calling a Grandpa Square. It's a granny square but with boy colors so I decided to name it after a Grandpa instead of a Granny. Because I can. The pictures of this one aren't great but you get the idea.








Stats

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK
Colors: Cream, Silver, Sherbet & Spring Green ~ 1 ball of each
Hook Size: 5.5 mm

Watermelon Stripes


Now, this is an interesting blanket. It started out completely different in my head and by the time I finished it was nothing like I had planned. I ended up running out of the teal color of yarn and not going back to it for a long time. When I did go back I ended up forgetting how to do the end of each row and it started growing. It's not terribly noticeable but it's definitely wider at one end than the other. This was one of those blankets I feel like anyone would love but when I look at it I see all of it's flaws. Maybe there is some deep meaning there. 







Stats

Yarn: Lion Pound of Love (mint), Red Heart Soft (Brown & Deep Sea), Stylecraft Special DK (Pomegranate & Soft Peach)
Hook: 6mm
Stitch found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...