November 6, 2013

Fall

It's been quite a few years since I've lived somewhere with seasons. Sabra Barbara was the land of perpetual summer. In the winter I just didn't wear my flip flops every day. I occasionally had to put on socks and shoes. Both.
Hi winter in Santa Barbara. I am going to miss you.

If the sun hid behind clouds for more than two days in a row you'd hear nothing but complaints about the terrible winter weather. I have a feeling I'll wishing for those days as"real" winter approaches here in Boston.

As much as I've been dreading winter's approach I've really been enjoying autumn. New England is know for its breath taking colors during this time of year and we've had so much fun enjoying it. We have been watching the leaves in the forest behind our apartment change daily.






I found myself distracted while driving because I was constantly passing trees that look like this:


 I found colors in our back yard that I didn't know existed in nature:



And every morning on our drive back from Seminary we would pass my favorite cemetery. The trees there turned neon orange and in the light of the sunrise it was mesmerizing.




While the Dr. was away for a conference in Monterey I went leaf peeping with the cutest couple in our Ward. We drove up to the White Mountains in New Hampshire and saw the electric colors on display. My phone's camera can not do justice to the mix of orange, red, yellow and green that we saw. It was something that is best seen with your own eyes.
In another graveyard. I love graveyards.



Sometimes I don't know where to look when I take my own picture






Jo and Joann








This is a tree in the church parking lot. I want a whole yard full of these someday!
The colors are slowly fading from neon orange to burnt orange, fire engine red to burgundy and I am loving every minute of it. I know winter is coming, there is no doubting the chill in the air but for now I will enjoy Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...