October 22, 2014

Maui {Holuloa Bay & Wahikuli & Lahaina}

One morning we got up and out of the hotel early to go snorkeling at Holuloa Bay. It's one of the best places in the islands for seeing the reef and scads of fishes. You park at the edge of the most amazing forest and walk down to the rocky bay. The trees are dripping with vines and the tall trees create a dark, cool canopy overhead. It's one of the most enchanting places on Maui.






Tarzan?






When you come out of the forest you're left at this round, very rocky bay. We climbed over the rocks to the right and dove in. We saw the most amazing colored coral- neon green, bright cobalt blue and acid yellow. We swam through whole schools of fish, we saw spotted fish, striped fish, neon blue and green fish, ruffly fish


I would say that most days of our vacation consisted of going to various beaches and eating food. Sometimes both at once. We stopped at Okazuya Delin in Honokowai for some lemon caper Mahi Mahi. I had been looking forward to this for a long time! We ate at the beach a couple blocks down from where I'd lived- Wahikuli Beach Park.



I used to come to this beach a few times a week. It's not really near any resorts or shops so I usually had the whole thing to myself. This beach was my respite. I would come here to think, to relax in the sun and swim in the ocean. I love it here.






We decided to walk through Lahaina's Front Street before dinner and pick up some sunglasses from my old boss. I got some Oliver People's and the Dr. picked out some Maui Jims. It was so fun to be back in the shop, it made me really miss working there. I might have even missed dealing with dumb tourists all day. Well, maybe.




There is nothing like the sunsets over Lanai.





We saw the Banyan Tree, it's the largest one in the world and takes up a small city block. By this point in the trip the Dr. was once again getting sick of me taking his picture as you can see below...












The sunset just got deeper and deeper as the night went on. I think we had dinner at Kimo's- parmesan crusted Ono is the only way to go! There was live music and the guitar player sang some awesome renditions of Hotel California and Desperado by the Eagles. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...